How ToOCW: How to create
Confirmation of the OCW material
Faculty confirms what material (courses, lecture material and videos) is suitable for OCW.
- The following materials are suitable for OCW.
- Lecture materials
- Lecture videos
- The center staff can record the video of your lecture. Please write down your request in the application form.
Faculty fills in the required items into the application form in order to make OCW.
- Fills the following items in the application form.
- Type of lecture
- Lecture title or event title
- Outline of your lecture
- Lecturer’s name
- Lecture title
- Lecture materials
- Please read OCW@KU Guideline before application.
Faculty and center staff conduct a meeting.
- Explanation of the license certificate
- Explanation of the guideline at KU.
- Explanation of the example of scene segmentation and meta-data (keywords)
- Explanation of references when third-party content is included in a lecture material
- In case of video recording
- Explanation of video recording
- Preliminary check
Video Recording of the Course (Lecture) ＊
The center staff records the video of the course (lecture).
＊ If requested
- Obtains a permission of portrait rights of participants (Collects the written agreements if necessary).
- Submits the lecture or course material (e.g. PowerPoint slides) used in your lecture.
- Wrapping up
Faculty organizes the appropriate references and at the same time creates a reference list of third-party content that appeared in the course (lecture).
- Writes up references in your lecture slides.
- Makes a List of Materials of Unknown Origins, if necessary
- Supports to make a List of Materials of Unknown Origins and resolves the outstanding issues, if necessary
The center staff edits the recorded course (lecture) video, and make it into an educational material
- Makes a scene segmentation and meta-data (keywords)
- Converts lecture or course materials into appropriate format and edits videos
- Checks the List of Materials of Unknown Origins and consults with faculty or lecturers, if necessary
Making Course (Lecture) Webpage
The center staff makes the webpage from the previously submitted materials by the faculty.
- Makes a course page on the official Kyoto-U OCW website
The center staff uploads the edited videos on the YouTube channel (with restricted access) and the faculty checks the content. Afterwards, the final version of the videos are uploaded on the OCW website.
- Checks the edited videos on the YouTube channel (with restricted access)
- Gives staff the permission to publish OCW after your checks
- Uploads the edited video on the YouTube channel (with restricted access)
- Publishes OCW after finishing the faculty checks